LIVING A GOOD LIFE...ART FOR AUCTION

BLUE DOG
Art and Article by Patricia J. Mosca


"At the close of life the question will be not how much have you got, but how much have you given; not how much have you won, but how much have you done; not how much have you saved, but how much have you sacrificed; how much have you loved and served, not how much were you honored."" - Nathan C. Schaeffer

I found this quote today, and just had to share it with all of you because this is an article that lives this quote to the fullest extent!

"LIVING A GOOD LIFE" is a painting I did in honor of a dog named Blue, that my son rescued from an abusive home. We all so love our pets, but there are people who do not treat them as the beautiful spirits that they are. So what could an artist from upstate New York do about this? And what can you do?

One day while surfing the net (you know those times when you click and click and click!). I was directed to a wonderful site called A Place To Bark. It was here that I was introduced to an artist named Bernie Berlin!

Well, it tugged on my heart so much because of the amazing work this woman is doing to rescue animals. She works non-stop in her effort to save animals along with her husband and friends. The number of animals she has taken in grows and grows. She moved to Tennessee in December of 2005 and has taken care of, housed,transported and found homes for over 300 animals. The sad thing is, that since moving she has seen too many animals being needlessly put down.

Bernie and her husband live on 20 acres and have dreams of building a shelter to help foster the animals and keep her passion of saving them alive. So she put out the call for Artists to share their gifts of art to help save the lives of these beloved creatures. She offers the donated art up on ebay auctions to help underwrite some of the out of pocket expenses she incures doing this work.

So I HAD to donate! I had to help spread the word to others! Sometimes we think that one person cannot do anything to change how the world is. But Bernie is proving this wrong! She is an amazing spirit with a heart that is pure love for these animals.

So what can you do?? Run your fingers over this link and go to the auction! Get a great piece of art and support a woman's efforts to make the world a better place!
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaplace2bark
If you want to do MORE!! Well, Bernie and her animals can always use things that we have or can send. Old towels, blankets, baby blankets, toys, collars, leashes, food, microscope slides, muzzels, cat litter. Every little bit helps!

Learn more about Bernie and the work that she is doing. By going to:
http://aplacetobark.blogspot.com
I dare your heart strings not to be pulled! As for me...I am off to create something to honor Bernie and her work. I am feeling good today, that I was able to help in my small artistic way a cause that is bigger than me. But, before I do that I am going to kiss the top of all my kitties, whisper in their ears how much I adore and love them, and thank them for being such a big part of my life!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

1 comment:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

Thanks for posting...