I WILL TELL YOU.
IF YOU ASKED ME WHAT I CAME INTO THIS WORLD TO DO,
I WILL TELL YOU.
I WILL TELL YOU.
I CAME TO LIVE OUT LOUD.
We are all passionate beings by nature. Unfortunately, some of us have learned to hide it very well or continually douse water on the flame. Yet, Passion is woven into human DNA. We always, always have the opportunity to re-ignite the smoldering embers. Purpose and Passion are dancing partners in life.
To express our sheer exultation in living – the unlimited power that comes from following your own unique star – that’s what makes people who shine their Light irresistible to us.
One of the common threads that bind us all is our courage to live. It is this courage to go one step farther, to search for the other half of ourselves. We have the courage to ask: “Why am I here?” “Isn’t there more?” “Is this all there is?”
THE BASIS OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE FREEDOM
THE OBJECTIVE OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE JOY
THE RESULT OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE GROWTH
There are those among us who are never afraid to love and be who they are from Source - to explore the answers to these questions with their whole Soul; no matter what the cost. Think: Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Sister Theresa, Brave Heart, Joan of Arc, Black Elk, Galileo, even Oprah! Throughout our human history, the epic “stars” who live among us love life with their whole Soul!
EMOTION IS THE CHIEF SOURCE OF ALL BECOMING-CONSCIOUSNESS – CARL JUNG
Often, we have to overcome fear to discover Purpose. We have to persevere through layers and layers of experiential pain and rejection to do that. Despite loneliness…despite volatile emotions such as insecurity, rage, and disappointment… despite our longings for more money and things…we always, always have the opportunity to reframe our lives and reach for hopefulness, positive expectation, belief, empowerment; to feel the passion of life all around us whether by… Well, I have to find a favorite Emerson quote and insert here because it distills the essence of human purpose. Here it is:
WHAT IS SUCCESS?
Ralph Waldo Emerson’s response to this question:
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
If we want to capture the incandescence of “who we really are” and “what we’re here to do” we must learn to listen to our Soul, our Source.
YOUR PURPOSE BECOMES CLEAR WHEN YOU LEARN HOW TO LOOK INSIDE YOUR HEART
YOUR VISION WILL BECOME CLEAR ONLY WHEN YOU LOOK INTO YOUR HEART
Powerful questions serve as a spectacular gateway to the authentic heart! In Jack Canfield’s wonderful little book KEY to Living the Law of Attraction he offers compelling exercises and questions:
ARTIST: We'd love to know who created this!
THE LAW OF PURE POTENTIALITY
POTENTIALITY: Anything that may be possible.
There is a well of Infinity hidden within each Soul
There you will find an incredible Energy Source
Beyond your broadest imagining
It is Light and Healing
The Force of Nature
The Essence of Love
The Law of Pure Potentiality is based on the understanding that the true essence of “who you are” is pure energetic-based Consciousness. When we realize that our Inner Being, the Spirit that animates our minds, physical body and actions is one of pure potentiality, we are then in alignment with the electro-magnetic energy that is the fundamental component of everything in our Universe.
Anything is possible and there is unlimited access to the infinite well of Imagination and Creativity within each of us. As a spiritual entity having a physical experience, consider the possibility that one of our primary assignments as a human being is to bring forth, into this physical world, all that we are capable of creating in order to transform our dreams and hopes into physical reality.
Or maybe a Cosmic Bowling Alley
Artist: Mary Lane
THE WHEEL OF PERSPECTIVE
With edits and adds by Coach Tink
THE BASIS OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE FREEDOM.
THE OBJECTIVE OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE JOY.
THE RESULT OF LIFE IS ABSOLUTE GROWTH.
In our FREEDOM, we are always at choice about where we put our focus and how we choose to feel. Freedom of choice is at the heart of balance in our lives. You may find that you sometimes forget you have a choice in all things, regardless of their reality.
The mission of this exercise is to excavate and explore as many different perspectives from where you stand on a particular decision, goal, challenge, situation, relationship or even a perception about something. Some examples: Getting married, deciding to have a child, buying a house, making a major career change, starting a business, deciding whether to have surgery, care-taking a parent, maintaining relationship with an elderly parent who has significantly changed due to health or mental issues, divorce, buying a Harley Davidson, moving to another country, retirement. You get the idea. This exercise is particularly valuable if you find yourself “stuck” or “victimized” about something. Here are the steps:
1. At the top of a clean page, write down the specific issue you wish to explore. Be as precise as possible and always realize you can adjust how you word your specific issue as you progress around the Wheel of Perspective. This is a fluid, moveable feast of all possible perspectives!
2. Draw a large circle below your identified issue. This is your Wheel of Perspective. By actually using your hands to draw the circle and write down your “perspectives” and key words relative to each perspective, you activate both the left (analytical, logical) side and the right (imaginative, creative) side of your brain.
3. Now, draw a horizontal line across the center of the circle as well as a vertical line, so you have four equal segments within the circle. You can divide your circle, using lines, as many times as you want. The idea is to write down every possible perspective you can think of. Use the outside of the circle to capture meaningful words or phrases that further clarify each perspective.
4. You are allowed to erase, scratch-off, edit, change words, use coloured-markers or even images! Think: Being 4-years old, easel before you, your fingers in paint, and you can create whatever comes to mind. There will be no critique, no judgment from anyone. This is “for your eyes only.” Breathe deep throughout the exercise and allow all possible perspectives to surface. Make sure and “get out of your own way” by dismissing your own inner critics from this process. If one of your inner judges says, “That is a RIDICULOUS perspective! Don’t write that down!” Firmly tell this critic he or she is excused and if you find they are being particularly naughty and nagging – give them a 30-minute “time-out!”
5. When you are ready, step into each perspective, one perspective at a time, and see what you notice, pay attention to how the perspective MAKES YOU FEEL. If it doesn’t feel good, step into another perspective. If you find yourself stepping into another perspective that doesn’t feel good then find the one that gives you some measure of emotional relief and step into it. The goal is to use your feelings as a guide, leading you to the perspective that authentically feels better. Then, ask yourself, “Of all these perspectives, which one feels BEST?” The next question to ask yourself is: “From this BEST PERSPECTIVE, what ACTION am I inspired to take?” Without discovering the INSPIRED ACTION, nothing really changes. Here’s the Secret: IT ISN’T ABOUT ACTION FIRST. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE SHIFT IN YOUR AWARENESS OF ENERGY TO A BETTER-FEELING PERSPECTIVE.
BEST PERSPECTIVE + AWARENESS OF EMOTIONAL GUIDANCE + ENERGY ALIGNMENT = INSPIRED ACTION
HOPE AND DESIRE
Hope and Desire are the energies that fuel our Creative Dreams
We must BELIEVE our desires are attainable.
If we don't BELIEVE, HOPE dies and DESIRE disappears.
A few Friday afternoons ago, by pure synchronistic chance, I picked up an old dog-eared paperback book while cleaning out our very dusty little 9'x9' room we affectionately call "The Library." This book had found its way underneath the sofa. It was flattened into an "open" position, cocooned in wads of German Shepherd hair. I was about to throw it in the trash bag when I glanced at the open pages (128-129). Someone had highlighted certain paragraphs in green. At the bottom of Page 129, in an old-fashioned beautiful script, was written, "Desire Defined"...
Thoughts To Steer By
"Motivation is that which induces action or determines choice. It is the hope or other force which starts an action in an attempt to produce specific results. Motivate yourself with PMA (positive mental attitude). Remember: What the mind of man can conceive and believe the mind of man can achieve with PMA. Recognize the possibility of the improbable. HOPE is the magic ingredient in motivating yourself and others. Negative emotions, feelings, thoughts and attitudes are good at the proper time and under the right circumstances. The 10 basic motives are: Self-preservation, love, fear, sex, desire for life after death, freedom of body and mind, anger, hate, desire for recognition and self-expression, and the desire for material wealth."
Riveted by how laser-appropriate these words were to my assignment on the concept of Hope and Desire; I thumbed through the chapter. A few more passages were highlighted in green,
"Hope is a desire with the expectation of obtaining what is desired and belief that it is obtainable. A person consciously reacts to that which to him is desirable, believable and attainable. Man is the only member of the animal kingdom who, through the functioning of his conscious mind, can voluntarily control his emotions from within, rather than be forced to do so by external influences. Emotions are controlled through the combination of reason and action. When fears are unwarranted, or harmful, they can and should be neutralized. HOW? One effective means is through self-suggestions, in fact, self-command, and with a one word symbol that incorporates what you want to be. Thus, if you are afraid and want to be courageous, give the self-command BE COURAGEOUS with rapidity several times. Follow this with action.
If you want to be courageous, ACT courageously...Use the self-starter DO IT NOW! And then get into action. Keep your mind on the things you should and do want and off the things you shouldn't and don't want."
More attention-grabbing morsels are scattered throughout the pages of this book but it does read a tad dated So, I checked the copyright... 1960! WOW! This famous epistle may be the creative-motivational booster shot you've been looking for. Written by one of the original self-help gurus, it is worth a look. Take what you like and leave the rest.The title is: SUCCESS THROUGH A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE by Napoleon Hill.
FOLLOW THAT DREAM NOW!
DESIRE IT WITH COURAGEOUS HOPE!